Neutral Fall Decorating

It looks like everyone is going with a neutral color palette for fall decorating this year. There are a lot of natural elements and lots of creams and browns in all of the mantle/tablescapes that are making appearances on blogs here lately. The one other thing they all seem to have in common is that along with the overall neutral theme, they have all added just a small dash of an unexpected or bright color to keep it from looking flat. Here are a few fun examples:

Rachel from Maison de Pax kept her mantel neutral, but added a touch of soft blue that looks right at home with her fall decor.

 


Jenna from Rain on a Tin Roof created a table centerpiece that is mostly neutral, but added a little dash of red/orange and an unexpected bit of navy blue. (We were apparently on the same page too, not wanting to spend a lot on decorating; I picked up the same white ceramic pumpkin from the dollar store last weekend!)

Thrifted Fall Centerpiece {rainonatinroof.com} #fall #centerpiece

Kim from Too Much Time On My Hands brought a little bit of fall indoors in her simple mantlescape, and added just a bit of yellow and orange into the mix.

Rustic Industrial Mantle-Understated neutral fall decor 5 copy


I wanted to keep things simple too, so as I was pulling out my fall and Halloween decorations last weekend I decided I wanted to keep the decorations a little understated this year. I wanted the fall decorations to compliment our everyday home decor, not compete with it.

I placed our decorations on the china cabinet in our dining room/kitchen area since this is what my mantle looks like:

Mantle entertainment center

Not really a lot of room for adding decorations there, so off to the dining room I went. I picked up these stick pumpkins from Tuesday Morning and the white ceramic one is a fun find from the Dollar Tree. I love when I can find just the items I am looking for at really inexpensive prices! I added in some bright blues as an accent to the other mostly neutral decor and I really like how the colors all look so great together.

Neutral fall decor with blue accents

Neutral fall pumpkin decor

So, have you jumped on the neutral fall decor bandwagon, or do you stick to more traditional fall colors in your decorating?



Comments

  1. Very pretty. I love the pop of turquoise with the naturals. I'd love for you to link this up to our All Things Thursday Blog Hop that is going on right now! Links are randomized. Hope to see you there!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by this little place of mine! I linked up this post and my Spooky Halloween Wreath on your blog hop!

      Steph

      Delete
  2. I keep going back and forth between the traditional colors and something more neutral... I just can't decide. :/ Thanks for sharing! Stop by my Friday's Five Features and link up this post (and others)! diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2013/09/fridays-five-features-no-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing my mantel, Stephanie! I love your mix of textures and neutrals with that pop of turquoise - gorgeous!

    Rachel @ Maison de Pax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Stephanie! Thanks for including my fall centerpiece! I am loving how you used your pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We too have a tv over our mantel so I'm struggling with how I want to decorate this space. You give me hope that it can be done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey there!! Let's chat!

Popular Posts