What Is Your Chair Style?

This year I am focusing on finding resources that help me get a better definition of my style. That way I can focus my decorating efforts on finding/creating/updating items that are a true reflection of me. I am still nailing down what I want to call my style, but I am getting a better idea of what it looks like.

It's good to have idea of what you want the overall style of your home to be, but what about some of the individual pieces that make up your home? Let's take chairs for instance. In the Dining Room your chairs make up a big part of the space and should be functional, but that doesn't mean they can't be fun.

Navy blue dining chairs and cream table

So, do you know what your chair style is? Or could you maybe use a little help? One Kings Lane has created a super easy Chair Style Guide to help you better define your style. It also gives you multiple chairs in each style so you can get a really good idea of what you like. (And they have some pretty awesome chairs, if I do say so myself!

My chair style is a Classic Wood Chair with a Rustic feel. I totally love the look of rustic chairs and furniture, but, I like to add a fun dash of color. I love the look of traditional furniture pieces in unexpected colors! 

Here is my very traditional wooden dining room chair (I'm sure that you, or someone you know, has a set of these oak dining chairs around the table), but not in a color you see everyday.

Navy blue traditional wooden dining room chair

I love the traditional look of our dining table and chairs, but I was not content to have the same old look as everyone else (see the details of my dining room makeover here). So, I gave all of our chairs a coat of navy blue spray paint to add a fun, less serious touch to the space, and give the pieces and the room some style.

Navy blue traditional wooden dining room chair - detail

I think the blue brings out a lot of the details that were lost when the chairs were just stained. So, not only did the blue paint bring a fresh splash of color to the room, it also makes the traditional details of the chair more beautiful.

Navy blue traditional wooden dining room chair - detail

Go check out the Chair Style Guide, and then come back here and let me know in the comments what your chair style is. Do the chairs in your home match your style?



Comments

Popular Posts