Thrift Store Baskets Turned Wall Art

Thrifted basket wall art

 I have had this lonely picture hanging in my kitchen for quite a while. I liked it in the space, but I was having a hard time trying to figure out what I could add to make the space more visually interesting.

Green kitchen wall before

I popped into the thrift store on my lunch break one day, and it just so happened to be the day that housewares were an additional 35% off. So I did what any rational person would do, I bought 13 baskets (plus a couple of other small, but necessary baskets and a cute serving tray that still had the Target sticker on it!). This store had an amazing amount of baskets, in a huge variety of shapes and sizes. I ended up not using all of these for this project, so I have a few extras to use in other places around the house.

 I spent under $15 on all of these.

Assorted baskets from the thrift store

I played around with the placement a little, and then hung them all around the original picture with a single nail in the center of each basket.

Here is the after:

Baskets as art in the kitchen - thrift store finds

Baskets as art in the kitchen - thrift store finds

Kitchen art detail - serenity prayer

 Have you had any great finds at the thrift store lately?


Comments

Popular Posts