DIY UNO Card Game Art

DIY UNO Card Game Art - One Mile Home Style

I'm sure you noticed this fun little UNO card art on my wall from my summer home tour and on Instagram. It's such an easy DIY art project, and a fabulous way to make a personalized art piece. 

If your family loves playing games like my family does, then you can appreciate the fact that favorite games are hard to part with when they start wearing out. My boys love playing UNO and it became apparent the last time we played that the cards had just about had it; they were difficult to shuffle, and they were starting to get bent up and torn. 

Repurpose an old UNO card game into art - One Mile Home Style

Being the hoarder repurposer that I am, I wasn't about to toss those old worn cards out. I needed a way to reuse those colorful cards, and maybe showcase a few of them as a reflection of our family and game we all enjoy playing.

Turn an old UNO card game into personalized art - One Mile Home Style

I had picked up a few simple white frames at Michael's awhile back when they were on sale, so I grabbed one out of my stash and some white cardstock to use as my background. I just taped the cards to the cardstock, put it in the frame and hung it up. I think I spend more time deciding on what numbers to use than I did on assembling the artwork. I ultimately decided to use my boys' baseball numbers, but you could use a number that is important to your family, or a birthday or anniversary date would be fun too! 

So easy!! And such a fun little piece of art for our living room.

Easy DIY: UNO card game into personalized art - One Mile Home Style

Now, I need to figure out what I am going to do with the rest of those old UNO cards! If you were making a DIY project with an old game, what game would you choose?



Comments

  1. I just love any kind of typographical art, so this is right up my alley! Thanks so much for linking up with us at The Creative Circle! I hope you'll join us again this week to show us what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey there!! Let's chat!

Popular Posts